What to Expect
“Let them praise your great and awesome name!” – Psalm 99:3
Each Sunday we get together and worship God, the mighty creator who rules the universe. Our worship services are simple and spiritually focused. Everything we do in worship is modeled after what we read about in the New Testament.
Bible Studies for All Ages at 9AM
We love God’s word. This is a church where you and your family will gain a deeper understanding of the Bible. Our Bible studies are designed to draw us closer to God and help us to live more like Jesus. We have a Bible class for adults and Bible classes for children.
Worship at 10AM
Sing to God
The songs are designed to honor God and encourage us as Christians. Sometimes the song leader will select songs that all relate to a common theme. We worship without instruments because that’s how worship is described in the New Testament (Ephesians 5:19).
Pray to God
We usually have a few prayers during the service where we praise God and talk to Him about our spiritual needs.
Think About Jesus’ Death
Every Sunday morning and evening we take the Lord’s Supper which is a special memorial to remember Jesus’ death. We eat small pieces of unleavened bread to remember Jesus’ body. Then we drink grape juice to remember Jesus’ blood. This helps us think about Jesus love for us and the wonderful salvation that we enjoy. We usually read a few scriptures to help us think about Jesus’ incredible sacrifice.
Give to God
If you are a guest, you are not expected to give. At this point in the service the members give money to help support the spread of the gospel in this area and in other areas around the world. Learn about some of the evangelists that we support.
Preach God’s Word
Philip Williams presents a lesson each Sunday morning. The sermons at Martinez church of Christ are Bible-based, practical, and encouraging. As we open the Bible we gain a greater understanding of God’s character and His will for our lives. Each sermon should help you personally grow closer to God. Many times the sermons deal with challenging, transformative topics.
Each Sunday of the month has a slightly different format for services:
- 1st Sunday of the Month - Family Growth Night. We select a topic or challenge and discuss practical strategies for growing in that area. Learn more.
- 2nd Sunday of the Month - Singing Night. This is an entire service based around singing praises to God.
- 3rd Sunday of the Month - Philip Williams presents a sermon or Bible class.
- 4th Sunday of the month - One of the men of the congregation presents a sermon.
- 5th Sunday of the month - Prayer night. This is an evening that helps us draw closer to God as we talk to Him. We usually base our prayer nights around a theme and various men of the church take turns leading prayers.
Bible Studies for All Ages at 7PM
On Wednesday evenings we continue our Bible studies from Sunday morning. It's always encouraging to come together during the middle of the week and encourage each other with God's word.