Strong, caring leaders are critical for the spiritual development of a church. At Martinez, we are blessed to have godly leaders who love and care for each member.
The elders lead the church through teaching, example, and guidance. The Apostle Paul gave this instruction to elders, “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” (Acts 20:35)
The elders at Martinez love Christ’s church and want to help every individual get to heaven.
The elders are also involved in teaching and guiding the church. The Apostle Paul also said that an elder, “must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.” (Titus 1:9)
The word deacon means “servant.” The deacons at Martinez serve in a variety of ways such as caring for widows, organizing prayer services, maintaining the building, and coordinating food for the sick. The deacons at Martinez are men who love God and want to diligently serve his people. The Apostle Paul said deacons should, “hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.” (1 Timothy 3:9)
- John Churchwell - treasurer, worship organization & assignments
- John Doran - facilities, grounds; buildings; cleaning supplies; security; sign; landscaping; lawn equipment; cleaning/mowing schedules; parking
- Glenn Hayes - member family groups, visitor follow-up, ushers
- Aaron Hurd - evangelism, prayer service (5th Sunday)
- Calvin Hughes - widows; benevolence; transportation; phone tree; food arrangements; visitation groups
- Mike Bickle - technology, song service and children’s Bible school.
God instructs evangelists to “preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.” (2 Timothy 4:2)
Philip Williams’ goal is to patiently teach God’s word in a way that is relevant and practical. Each sermon is designed to help everyone look at their lives at a deeper level and encourage each person to make decisions that will draw them closer to God.
Philip preaches, teaches public Bible classes, leads studies in the community, and studies with individuals. If you need spiritual guidance in your life, Philip would be happy to study the Bible with you. You can call him at (706) 863-9744 or send him a message.